Friday, June 21, 2013

One month today

I can't believe it's been a month today since BabyBird was born.  I was extremely surprised when I realised she no longer fit her newborn clothes last week.  Clothes which were once too big for her stretch taught across her body.  And excited to see her paying attention to toys hanging above her on the play gym.

I celebrated her one month birthday by jumping in a pool for the first time all summer.  I didn't exactly regret it but it hurts to swim.  My muscles are like jelly.  My tummy muscles have apparently separated which creates a whole new sensation that's not very pleasant.  I cannot wait to be fully healed but I know it will take time.  BabyBird celebrated by sleeping an extra two hours.  I swear she sleeps twenty hours a day still.  Life must be tough!  Jbird celebrated by somehow missing two appointments he had on at school.  Woops - I guess sleep deprivation is starting to set in.

We also tried taking BabyBird to an organ concert tonight.  I had her in the sling and just before the concert started she let out a really loud grunt/shout so I snuck in a quick feed to settle her.  It was a bit hair raising until she finally settled into a deep sleep (her REM sleep is full of grunts and sighs and loud breaths) and then everything went fine.  We did leave early, but only because Jbird and I are exhausted.  

I love this post my friend shared - her baby was born two weeks before BabyBird - they're all things I've learnt in the passed month.  Or...they're not things I didn't know before she was born, but I certainly didn't understand them like I do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment