Saturday, June 22, 2013

The generosity of others

Since becoming pregnant and welcoming BabyBird into our lives, I have been overwhelmed time and again by people's generosity.  Just today a good friend brought around a meal, a new swim nappy for BabyBird, and a whole wardrobe of clothing for a baby 12months-2years from her friend.  In fact, we've bought very little for our new baby, most of what we have has been gifted to us.  

It's not just material gifts either. I have made many friends since I became pregnant as people always smiled my way.  In the early days of my pregnancy, I didn't really understand it and even felt a bit annoyed that people were always asking me how I was doing when nothing seemed very different.  But soon I appreciated their kind concern, as sleep became more difficult and my body grew aches I never knew existed.  The excessive smiling going on also made it much easier for me to approach and talk to strangers - the happy hormones may have helped this also.  It turns out everybody loves a pregnant lady.  And they seem to love a baby even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment