Friday, October 11, 2013

I'm thinking about formatting

I don't know much about computers and their memory.  I remember formatting my new camera only to find I may have lost all the pictures I'd taken around New York City, England, and Europe.  This was back in 2005.  I learnt a quick lesson that day.  If you format something, everything you have done to it is deleted.  It's the most thorough cleaning a digital item can receive.  I've got a virus so I'm considering it for this computer, and I'm counting my possible losses if I do.  I have backed up my files but I may lose programs, or spend years re-installing them.  On the plus side my computer would work so much faster and everything would act close to new again.  How fresh.

Perhaps my brain would feel a little clearer and I'd be able to think straight if I could format parts of my life.  All the cupboard space in this tiny place, the cobweb I often notice and don't quite get to, and I spoke of our freezer in my last post.  Not to mention our fridge.  Everything could be cleared out allowing us a fresh start.  I suppose technology will allow this one day as it allowed it on The Jetsons.  But it's hard to throw things out.  What if we need them again?  And it seems impossible to wipe clean every surface, there is always more scrubbing to do.  
For now I guess I'll just work on the computer. 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg6Xx6a_U2cyL95FGCWBXpREDnfXwb2UxVzdxXbQqLH2DVxuP2Xwd4mnk6yQZ000goddM9WBywpw8pTOmD5s5oGw41MwZXfcAW-v91a2eJprcdUXydnghMq_BuC2YCLfexWNSnSDs3C-ssU/s400/rosie+jetson.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment