Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Two Year Old's Present


A little girl I look after sometimes is turning two this weekend so I crocheted her a fish today for her birthday.  It’s pretty cute, with googley eyes.  Crocheting is a pretty satisfying hobby.  You create something, give it to some kid and their mum loves it because it was handmade (or I hope they do). The kids don’t love ‘em quite so much, I don’t think, they just aren’t all that shiny and ...well...store bought.  However, I still own something my Aunty made me when I turned two or three and I really like having that so I’m hoping that will happen for one or two of these gifts. I hope I always have time to make things for others.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, give one to me, please! I love the sound of that! And Elliot has very little new and shiny in her collection so she'd love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an awesome Aunty, Madeleine and Harrison love their lovely toys - especially the frog and the bird! They are very lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete