Sunday, August 25, 2013

A day in the city

Day two was spent in the city.  We went to the Chicago History museum.  Aparently Chicago is named after a wild onion which thrived in the area.  While the others went to the Art museum, Soph and I checked out an area where the planetarium and aquarium is.  We didn't have time to go in - the queues were long - but it was a nice place to walk around.  

later on we checked out the giant bean.  I had a moment of terror when I lost my in-laws and Jbird and nobody had phones.  Or cameras.  And I left Soph with a screaming baby to circle the mini van around the city blocks.  It was soon remedied.

We strolled down the Magnificent Mile (Michigan Ave) checking out all the fancy shops.  This pic is in front of the old water tower which survived the great fire of Chicago in 1871.  
For dinner that night we ate pizza Chicago style - deep dish.  And there was a tired BabyBird and a tired MamaBird.

No comments:

Post a Comment